What better way to honor the Gipper than to use his e-mail service?
Last year, in his father’s memory, Reagan’s son Michael launched an email service to end the monopoly of left-wing Internet companies. His charge was simple: “Every time you use your e-mail from companies like Google, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, Apple and others, you are helping liberals,” Reagan wrote at the time. “These companies are, and will continue, to be huge supporters financially and with technology of those that are hurting our country.” For only a small $39.95 annual fee, conservatives around the country could purchase an @Reagan.com email address, and rest easy knowing their money was going only toward conservative causes.
Skeptical? Check this out:
And Reagan has a lot to sell potential investors on. Apart from the roughly 4,000 accounts already sold—at an astonishing $40 each—the rate of growth is increasing, Reagan boasts. “There was like 5 [sold] yesterday,” he says. “It’s like three or four or five a day—they just keep on trickling in.” Reagan also describes to me the innovative features of Reagan.com: “We got the calendar. We got everything going for it. Our search engine—I think we have the only search engine that gives you both [results from] the left and the right.”
We’re wondering if anyone’s registered firstname.lastname@example.org for the obvious trolling opportunity.
Obviously, the first thing on the agenda at Think’s next meeting will be looking into spending some of our new USG budget to switch our email services from Gmail to @Reagan.com.
26 Notes/ Hide
- naed likes this
- sch1stocerca reblogged this from shortformblog
- asprettyasasong reblogged this from pantslessprogressive and added:
- bookofjen reblogged this from shortformblog
- bookofjen likes this
- sixkindsofbullshit reblogged this from pantslessprogressive
- sbpress reblogged this from pantslessprogressive and added:
- philk likes this
- jeuxcasino likes this
- pantslessprogressive reblogged this from fastcompany
- captainrobocop likes this
- jhermann reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- tvisionary likes this
- minusmanhattan likes this
- treatyoselfartie likes this
- shortformblog reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- fastcompany posted this